Thursday 29 March 2018

Strawberry Chocolate Mirror Cake

From the beginning of the year I am willing to share with you a mirror cake and I am so glad I finally got the chance to prepare it. As strawberry season is here I prepared a strawberry and chocolate mirror cake, made with a soft dark chocolate cake at the bottom, followed by a white chocolate mousse, a strawberry jelly insert and a dark chocolate mirror glaze. This cake looks really impressive and tastes absolutely amazing.

Mirror cakes are not difficult at all to prepare and they look pretty stunning. But mirror cakes need a bit more organization than other desserts, and need to be made in advance, as mirror glazes can be poured only on chilled cakes.

If you want to try this recipe I suggest to make the strawberry jelly and chocolate cake in the morning, to let them time to cool and freeze. In the afternoon make the white chocolate mousse, assemble the cake and freeze overnight. The next day prepare the mirror glaze and once done refrigerate the cake for several hours to defrost completely before serving. Once the cake is defrosting you cam prepare the white chocolate curls if desired.

Hope you will try the recipe and let me know how it turns for you. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Caramel ice cream

I’ve found my new favorite ice cream flavor. I can’t even describe what salted butter caramel tastes like. The closest I could t...